Tuesday, March 08, 2005

*sneeze*

Yes..Im sick. I thought it passed me by. I was waving to it from a distance as it visited all of my friends and family. I guess I was just too irresistable though, and in the last minutes before heading back to his summer home, Mr.Flu stopped by to pay me a visit.

I think that I am so tired and drained all I can do is sleep. I usually DONT sleep, so its an interesting thing to get so much sleep. I just wish I was getting the normal benefits from it.

So I was supposed to go to Las Vegas, and now I dont know if Im going. The problem is this: Im deathly afraid of flying. So I keep making the plans to go and keep backing out. My good friend lives there and every couple of weeks I get a call or email saying " did you book it yet?" Any suggestions from anyone on how to fly when you are afraid to do so? I was thinking about taking valium or something, then was thinking of just drinking a bottle of Captain before getting on the plane, but I dont think I want to be drunk. It might be even worse. But of course right now I cant think of anything worse than flying, so maybe not.

7 Comments:

Blogger thtgrl said...

Isn't dramamine supposed to help? Or is that motion sickness? When were you supposed to go? I'm going in August. So far, you, Amber, me, Martinilove, and Independentgrl all have plans to go to Vegas!

9:05 PM  
Blogger TheManagement said...

Wow, are you all going together? I was SUPPOSED to go last month, now its looking like April. If I dont make it in April, probably October. I think Dramamine is for motion sickness. Not sure if that would do the trick for me :(

12:56 AM  
Blogger thtgrl said...

Independentgrl & I are supposed to go together. Amber and Martinilove don't know eachother (or us) other than blogger, but it would have been cool if we were all there at the same time!

7:37 AM  
Blogger Brother Kojak said...

get a 5th of Mad Dog 20/20 and get lit on the cheap! you won't feel a thing.


j/k. I seriously doubt your doc is going to prescribe (sp?) something for you based on potential anxiety. Thats how upscale housewives get hooked on ridillin and amphitimines. Unfortunately, you might have to go underground and get some from a friend who has "happy pills".

(Damn, now I know why I didn't major in pharmacology, I can't spell ANY of that shit!)

11:46 AM  
Blogger katie said...

Your doctor will probably give you a very light sediative.
I would also suggest some sort of music for the take off and landing.

4:40 PM  
Blogger jon said...

I hate flying too. Whats odd is that I climb trees and towers for a living. I think its a control issue, I'm not in control of the plane

10:43 AM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

I think that you should just walk instead. Sure, it takes longer but it's good exercise and you will meet a lot of interesting characters along the way.

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home