Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Blog of the day

However do I manage to live up to the standards of such a title. The blog of the day. Thank you Denny, and not so thank you at the same time. Hmmm.. what to say, what to say. SOOO much pressure! Its like being infront of a firing squad here!! I was going to write about how glad I was to have discovered Tylenol Complete, after my recent "allergic to my cat" diagnosis. But that seems somewhat trite now. So I will take my cue from Denny's blog and write about the book I am currently reading, titled The Ethical Slut. It is not at all as horrible as it sounds and is completely as horrible as it sounds at the same time.

First sentence in the book:
"Many people dream of living an open sexual life - or having all the sex and love and friendship they want. Most never try, believing that such a life is impossible."

Hmmm..interesting so far?

Other interesting points:

"Promiscuous: This means we enjoy too many sexual partners. This word alone has possibly created more unhappy sluts than any other. Kinsey once defined a nymphomaniac as someone who has more sex than you."

If you are interested and want to read more buy the book. I really doubt that most people want to read it,haha, but I find books like this quite interesting.

Book Title: The Ethical Slut
Authors: Dossie Easton/Catherine A. Liszt

6 Comments:

Blogger thtgrl said...

Hmm...I could use a new book...

1:55 PM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

I saw the movie. It was called "Deep Throat"

7:53 PM  
Blogger thtgrl said...

HB2 you are too funny! A friend tols me right after I posted my first comment that she wants to get it. I'm sure I'll be at the bookstore this weekend.

BTW~ you know Amber's game? What's the 5th line on page 123???

8:52 PM  
Blogger TheManagement said...

TG~ Check out Denny's site, and I posted the 5th sentence on pg 123 there...and the 6th, 7th, and 8th..

10:12 PM  
Blogger thtgrl said...

After reading that book, she must be BUSY with SOMETHING or OTHER...

8:26 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Man, girl! All your books are great! I, too, recently read The Ethical Slut. Makes some very liberating points and opened my mind quite a bit. Though I think the premise is probably a bit far-fetched in the end.

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home