Thursday, January 20, 2005

Then and Now

I was just reflecting on my past, and on how different it is now compared to a year ago. I want to just jot down some of the major differences in my life.

Then: I lived in a 3 story duplex with my friend Tom and spend all of my time in my room
Now: I live in a one bedroom apartment and spend all of my time wherever the hell I feel like spending it.

Then: It was uncommon for me to be home more than 20 minutes at a time...I would work, come home, get ready, and go out.
Now: It is uncommon for me to be OUT of my house more than 20 minutes a day.

Then: I was so unhappy and thought I was never going to be able to love anyone again after Led. And was determined to be miserable forever
Now: Im looking forward to falling in love again and am excited for my future.

Then: I worked at a furniture store managing an office getting paid way to little to do way too much
Now: I am getting unemployment from before mentioned furniture store and am going to school to be able to do what I really want.

Then: I lived my life according to how I was supposed to.
Now: I live my life according to how I WANT to.


I think all in all Im alot luckier now and happier than before. I would not change any of my life...even the bad things. They make me who I am today. And Im pretty proud of myself for overcoming alot of what I have overcome. The only thing left to do is quit smoking...then I will have conquered all of my vices. And I will feel like nothing in the world can stop me from being who I want to be and getting all that I want!!!!


Quote of the day: " When your confidence flies away, just close your eyes and tell yourself that you can do it. Believe in yourself and you will come alive."
Karen John

2 Comments:

Blogger TheManagement said...

Denny...I still spend way too much time trying to make other people happy...but now Im including myself.

I wanted to tell you that I always appreciate and enjoy your comments! Sarcastic, mean, funny, or sincere. So thank you for them!!

6:05 PM  
Blogger TheManagement said...

Happy and Blue.... a cowboy and a horsey, huh? Well I wish you luck on that ( I think ) and Denny...who DIDNT want to be a fire truck! haha I wanted to be be a Madam when I was a kid... you know, own a brothel and dress in all red and black satin and silk with feather boas... Is that normal?

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home