Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Giving

Ok, one thing that makes me happy is giving people things I think will make them happy. Yes, I am one of those. A "pleaser" person. But it makes me feel good to know someone else is smiling. So today I was surfing the net, doing a little shopping and came across this cd that reminded me of a friend. It struck me quite strongly that he needed to have this cd. Whether he loves it or not, it made me think of him and he must have it. So I thought, how in the hell am I going to get this cd to him when I dont know his address...so i emailed a barnes and noble online gift card to his email address for a whopping 15 dollars...(the cd was 11 I think) with directions to buy that cd and only that cd. That made me smile. Mostly because he is someone I know will not only appreciate the guesture made but the music regardless. So hoping that it didnt come across as odd, sending an online gift card with instructions on what to buy, I sent it. Did a similar thing for a friend awhile back for a book I thought he should have. The other thing today that made me happy was hanging out with the kids. That always makes me happy though...

Quote of the day: "The heart has its reasons that reason does not know."-Blaise Pascal

2 Comments:

Blogger TheManagement said...

You mean you didnt get it yet? Damn, must have spelled the name wrong....oh well, maybe next time.

1:30 AM  
Blogger TheManagement said...

But of course you like me! And I have been meaning to add you, but was too lazy for a bit...

5:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home