Friday, January 07, 2005

Hypothetically speaking

Perfect first date:

You will meet me at my house, I will have wine and funky background music playing. We will talk for a little to break the ice so that by the time we leave the house we are comfortable with each other and can just enjoy the night. I will have some stupid props or a challenge set for the night, like "ok, whoever can fake sneeze and have more strangers say bless you buys dessert" and we will have silly chat on the way to dinner. Once at dinner I will ask you to tell me about yourself, I want to know everything about you. You will ask me the same, and when I look into your eyes I can see the curiosity and sincerity and feel I can bare my soul to you...but dont (its just the first date) so I just tell you about my dreams and aspirations and keep the conversation light and fun. We then decide we want to spend more time together and instead of going to a movie or something traditional like that we decide to drive to the next town, where neither of us knows anyone and the population is 1000 and decide to check out their local night life. We drive for an hour conversation NEVER faltering and get to the "saloon" and stick ten dollars in the juke box and play the best things we can find on a jukebox in the middle of nowhere town we are visiting. We sit down and order some drinks and talk some more. Deciding that we want to spend even more time together I take you to a place I used to spend alot of time writing at on the bay. It is a little beach hidden behind a bunch of trees at the end of the road. The road is called Point Comfort by the way...and is one of my favorite places in the world. We sit in the sand and look at the stars and sky and keep talking. We havent stopped talking since the wine and funky music. I look at my watch and it is 5 am and I dont want to go home yet. So we sit and watch the sun come up, I lay my head on your shoulder and fall asleep. You wake me up and take me home and give me a brief yet passionate kiss and leave. And I dream about you all night.

THAT is my perfect date. All realistic and possible. All places are possible to go to

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home